USGS-Directed Research funds are managed through the USGS-side of the NW CASC.
Call for Statements of Interest: FY22 NW CASC Research Funding Opportunity
The Climate Adaptation Science Center Network, made up of nine regional Climate Adaptation Science Centers serving all US states, territories and affiliated Pacific Islands, is coming together to advance climate adaptation science through its Federal Fiscal Year 2022 funding opportunity. Through this funding opportunity, an estimated $10 million may be available across the network for research to support natural and cultural resource managers making science-based, climate adaptation decisions!
As part of this effort, the NW CASC is seeking proposals for Northwest climate adaptation research. Proposed projects should focus on developing scientific information and products that can be directly applied to the following resource management priorities, either locally or broadly across landscapes in Idaho, Oregon, Washington and western Montana:
- Management of Invasive Species and Diseases under Future Climate Scenarios
- Management of Shrubland Ecosystems under Future Climate Scenarios
- Managing Climate-driven, Post-fire Ecological Transformation
Individuals from the following eligible organizations may submit proposals as the lead Principal Investigator:
- Members of the NW CASC Consortium (Boise State University, Oregon State University, University of Montana, University of Washington, Washington State University, Western Washington University)
- USGS centers, field stations, laboratories, Cooperative Research Units, etc.
Researchers from other organizations (federal, state, tribal, non-governmental and other) may participate in CASC-funded projects and receive funds via subawards, contracts or interagency agreements through an eligible organization.
Deadline for Statements of Interest: Friday, March 19, 2021 | 2 PM (PT)
Check out this informational webinar to learn more about the NW CASC’s specific research priorities, evaluation criteria and funding flows.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out a list of frequently asked questions about the FY22 CASC funding opportunity. Don’t see your question listed? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.